Tuesday, November 2, 2010

In the beginning...

So I decided that I was going to try and test out the dating sites.  Many people have tried them and some found true love and others found an expensive Craigslist.  I thought I would try it out for myself.  And so I signed up...sat and thought about the questions they asked me and answered as honestly as I thought that I could. And so I looked forward to see who maybe would be matched with me.

Now to be honest I signed up for both of the leading sites.  I decided that I was not going to do any more than that and once the membership was over then I would be done.  So far here are some of the interesting things that I have found:
  • Men care about what carrier you are on so they can use their mobile to mobile minutes to talk with you instead of regular minutes!
  • Even though your profile says you have children, they don't understand that it means you cannot rush out of the house at a moments notice just to meet them for a drink.
  • Some men have no idea if they HAVE children or not! Yes this is true, on the profile is kids: yes or no or on the other site is kids: NO, YES, Yes, but not at home, or yes, and they are sometimes at home. Many times guys put no, but then mention their kids in their profile.
  • Really your high school yearbook picture IS NOT the ONLY picture of yourself you can find if you are over the age of 18.
So again just some simple things that I realized may not be so simple on this journey.  Already I have plenty of material for this blog so far and I am only about a month into my subscription.  So hopefully you will find some interesting things on here.


1 comment: