Friday, November 5, 2010

And it comes together perfectly?

Now of course not everything in life is super easy.  There wouldn’t be any fun then. However, these sites make it seem so simple that all you have to do is just sit down, answer some questions about what is important to you and viola a perfect match will be made. Yeah, that isn’t how this works.  In fact I am not even sure that there are actual people on these sites and I will tell you why.
Eharmony says they have so many new members joining each day, yet surprisingly I am given between 2-7 new “matches” each day.  I find it a little hard to believe that that many members are joining each day and Eharmony says they give me the matches as soon as the members join.  So why didn’t I have a bunch right when I first started?  Also, of course you can join for free, so I really think many of these men go on to the site, take a look around and see what is out there. Then if they find someone they are interested in they join.  After all, I seem to get many people that don’t respond at all.
And yes there is a nice option to “close match” if you are not interested in the person. Which I think is seldom used since I am “communicating” with over 100 people and only a handful have actually closed the match.  (In order to be fair I have actually responded to each person I have been matched with, besides I am willing to give anyone a chance.)
Of course match is the same thing, except you don’t have to actually join to “wink” at people.  Though I have heard you actually have to pay money to see the people’s pictures.  Needless to say they send me mutual matches each day based on some “ranking” system they have.  You will hear about some of those “ranked” people eventually, I am really just giving you some background about the sites now, to help draw you in.
This site also has a few other options that are not available on the other site.  They have a “singled out” category where they think you and this person are especially right for each other, and yes don’t worry you will hear about one of those. They also have “Like at first sight” which is basically they show you a bunch of guys pictures to see what you like appearance wise and then find you matches on that. 
Personally, I was more than happy to just look at all the eye candy.  I can only imagine most guys like that option just to look at all the pretty women. Kind of a mug shot test for hotties! Yum!
Needless to say I have gotten a number of people that are “matched” with me, just not as many with Eharmony. However there are plenty to go around, make no mistake about that.  Tune in next time for an actual encounter with one of my “matches”.

1 comment: